Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

from 31 Days of Praise

from 31 Days of Praise by Ruth and Warren Myers (book available through amazon.com)
On Day 5 the Myers write:
"There is none like Thee O LORD; Thou art great, and great is Thy name in might" Jeremiah 10:6
Part of the entry reads:  "You exercise Your gracious authority over all nations--and over each individual in all the world.  There is none like You, the true God, the living God, the everlasting Kind.
I praise You for your sovereignty over the broad events of my life and over the details.  With You, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted.  You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny.  And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on.  Thank You that I can move into the future nondefensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age...and through all eternity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home