Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Change and the Unchanging One

Change and the Unchanging One

When we got back from our trip in May, Garry learned there had been some changes made where he works.  None was bad.  More recently, his office has been relocated from the room he'd had for 11 years.  Changes.
I've been teaching a class on Saturday mornings.  I've made changes to my syllabus and my PowerPoint and brought in guest speakers from time to time in response to unfolding circumstances.  Changes.
Don Green has left Grace Community to pastor a church in the southern Ohio/northern Kentucky area.  Phil Johnson has announced his retirement from blogging and other social media.  Changes.
One of my Mom's cousins died last week back in South Dakota.  A young woman who had been a significant part of our church here in California died earlier this month also.  Changes.
Change seems harder to deal with as time passes.  We become accustomed to certain routines, patterns, expectations, and when those alter, we can respond badly.  Okay, I can respond badly.  Maybe it isn't like that for you.
When changes come, I have learned to throw my anchor in, to trust in the Unchanging One who directs all the changes and does so for my good and for His glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home