Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Fear to Grace

This is also vintage, yet the final paragraph continues:

From Fear to Grace
I have discovered a new fear:  fear of being in His will.  Fear?  Because of the ramifications, implications, painful joys, joyful agonies, and anticipation of the One who is Love, and of love:  eternal yet intersecting and making clear the here and the now, every here and every now.
I must expand by and in grace lest I burst with realized joy of the immense certainty and comfortability that God is Love.
"That I may know HIM!"
At times I want to burst, for I am so small and He is so great.  His love is His glory.
I am destroyed (pride/ego) and defined (in His image, in His Spirit, in His body, in His bride) by the LORD Himself--known.  Love: never past tense--all is simultaneous to Him--praise His Name!
How He loves to hold a child, to teach it to walk and to be honest, to trust not blindly (blind faith of that kind ensnares, and we have not been called to bondage but to adoption), but with the Spirit enlightened and enlarged intelligence/understanding.
For me, faith is not a leap in the dark, emotional and irrational.  It is at first in the responsive affirmation of the Lordship of Christ--a leap from the dark.  It is thereafter exercised in thoughtful, studied, deliberate, prayerful response to Him as I am immersed in His Word and His Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home