Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Distractions during Holy Week

Distractions during Holy Week
I don't know about you, but when I am especially busy, I need to keep a list of tasks to be accomplished so I don't forget anything essential.  This is one of those weeks, and as I review my list, I realize how easy it is to be distracted even during Holy Week.
Nothing on my list is particularly evil or bad or wrong, but how easy it is to be like one of those who went to the temple that week and did not pay attention to the Truth Incarnate, who were perhaps even slightly irritated by the additional hubbub His presence caused.
Not good.  What I need to do is plan my week around His week, be intentional in that, and leave the accomplishing of all both temporal and eternal to Him, to whom I offer my person in His service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home