Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

July 1997 Prayer

I wrote this while waiting to have surgery scheduled.
July 1997 Prayer
Learning to live with uncertainty,
Taking my eyes off of me,
Striving for humility,
Teach me, Lord, to trust more fully.
Learning to live responsibly,
Living each day more fully,
Striving to do what's needed for me,
Teach me, Lord, to serve humbly.
Trusting You for each day alone,
Staying within that limited zone,
Quietly focused on what I must do,
Seeking to be more like You.
Striving to be more disciplined,
To love the Word and hate my sin,
Waiting on, and hoping for,
The One True Lord whom I adore.
Take me, teach me, mold me,
That I might one day be
Fully in the image
Of the One who died for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home