Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In the doorway

This is another vintage piece but it seems timeless for many.

In the doorway
Have You five minutes, God?
Frankly, I have no more than that myself
What with this commitment and that.
I don't know how I get myself into these binds.
Sometimes, late at night
(Or early in the morning,
Depending on how you look at it)
I wonder why I'm so driven
To be all places
To do all thins.
I go and go, yet am still in the same place,
Seeing the same faces and walls,
Hearing the same voices and philosophies.
But, I guess that's life--
Or, is it?
I thought maybe You--
But I have to run,
I'm late now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home