Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Recovering Perfectionist
Some people think of themselves as perfectionists. Nothing is ever good enough. By the grace of God, I am a recovering perfectionist. I no longer strive to meet my expectations but His, knowing He will do the final perfecting and according to His standards. I am a much more relaxed person than I once was.
A Recovering Perfectionist
"Yesterday I did enough"
Latest entry in the journal of
A Recovering Perfectionist.
It wasn't forced
This Time.
Some how some break of light and breath
Cracked daily fear and death, recognizing chaos
As subservient to order, border
Of sanity, hoarder
Limiting by bounding
No longer enemy
Challenge, rather
To greater depth and specificity,
And joy that
"Yesterday I did enough."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home