Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rock to Powder
There was a time when I could not seem to say "no" to anything I was asked to undertake. Granted, each request was good, even ministry oriented. Nevertheless, I was a victim of my inability to say "no" or "not now." Perhaps you are struggling with this even now.
Rock to Powder
I feel as if the
ocean is closing in, breakers
above my helpless head
smashing
the rock to pebbles, pebbles
to sand, sand
for time's relentless hourglass.
Raise me, Lord, above
the press of minutes before
and minutes after,
which pressing grind the
rock to powder, the spirit
to sand.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home