Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

From my Archives
I discovered this while looking for something else. Written 16 April 2006, still pertinent in my opinion.
This Day
This day was planned
Before the planets were formed
Before the foundations of time were laid
Within the Godhead salvation's plans were made
Names and dates and all events delineated
Before any temporal things were created
This day was planned
This day was planned
And all events preceding
And all events succeeding
From time before time to that time unfolded
For God has so molded
All in that day
Around that day
From that day
Certainty in play
Sureness of sovereignty
Sweetness of humility
Incarnate Deity
Gave up His life
To ransom me
Received back His life
To secure me
Received back His glory
To receive that which is His due
Due from you and due from me
Due through eternity
From this day which was planned
Before the planet was manned

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home