Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In the doorway
Over-commitment was the basis for this poem. I had to learn my limits the hard way--the only way I ever really learn.
In the doorway
Have You five minutes, God?
Frankly, I have no more than that myself
What with this commitment and that.
I don't know how I get myself into these binds.
Sometimes, late at night
(Or, early in the morning,
Depending on how you look at it)
I wonder why I'm so driven
To be all places,
To do all things.
I go and go, yet am still in the same place,
Seeing the same faces and walls,
Hearing the same voices and philosophies,
But, I guess that's life--
Or, is it?
I thought maybe You--
But I have to run,
I'm late now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ChristLover said...

This one (on overcommitment, In the Doorway) is wonderful!

Publish it everywhere you can! (Without beccoming over-committed.)

Lois

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home