Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Epiphany

According to dictionary.com, this word is a noun having four meanings:
1. (Initial capital letter) a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
2. An appearance or manifestation, especially of a deity.
3. A sudden, intuitive perception or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
4. A literary work or section of a work presenting, especially symbolically, such a moment of revelation or insight.

I had something similar to numbers 3 and 4 back in March 1986 while visiting in Valparaiso, IN, while contemplating my near death experience in Minneapolis, MN, in June 1971 and am posting this today.

EPIPHANY

Repetitive reflexes relax responsibly.
There is something to be said,
But who am I to say it?
Simpler to self-surround
With written sound.
And on the Thursday last,
Sitting at a blonde round table
Which was thoroughly engraved
With collegiate graffiti,
Sitting
Annotating THE DIVINE IMPERATIVE,
Merely being
There
Three months prior to
The fifteenth anniversary of my near death
In Minneapolis General Hospital,
Again the question,
Why do I live again?
But
This time, and from this time,
Answered: Because it is His good pleasure.

46 years on, it still amazes me that He would be so pleased and to Him be the glory, whether I live or I die.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Debbie said...

Love this! Especially the first line!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Faithwalker said...

Amen!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home