Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How I became a writer
Fifty years ago someone gave me a five-year-diary.  That was the beginning.  My entries were mundane; subjects included weather, activities at school or church, the number of eggs laid (I did chicken chores on our farm in Minnesota), and the like.  It wasn't until my sophomore year in high school that I had a teacher who encouraged me to write more than that.  So my writing grew with skits for church camp and reflections in poetry form and hasn't stopped since.
I suppose I've written hundreds if not thousands of "things" over the ensuing years, including responsive readings, articles on sports during graduate school, adaptations of books into plays, and many poems.
In 2006 I began my blog--Tuesday's Slice of Bread--at the urging of my friend Marilyn.  In 2009 I complied several pieces from both that blog and other files into my self-published book, Slices of Bread: Daily Grace for Women (also called Slices of Bread: Daily Grace for You).  I have followed this with another volume and am working on a third.
I thank God for giving me this gift--and responsibility--and wish only to honor Him in the use of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home