Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Reflections on Philippians 2
I'm glad the Lord didn't say,
Father, I'd love to, but I'm busy that day;
It's not a good time to take the trip to Earth;
I'd rather not experience birth,
Life, difficulties, death;
Can't someone else give up their breath
For such sinful folk as Earth holds?
Instead, He said,
Yes, and came, and bled,
Pierced hand and head,
Gave up His life and prerogatives Divine,
Said, here is one I'll make Mine.
After all that how can I ever say,
Father, I'd love to, but I'm busy that day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this poem Elizabeth. Did you write it?
Char

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ebeth said...

Yes, while we were doing Philippians in EWG

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Janet Mouron said...

Wonderful, Ebeth. I am grateful the Lord Jesus took the trip to Earth. You have expressed this beautifully.
Janet

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home