Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From my archives: Easter Anthem

Holy passion, wholly free
The sacrifice of Christ for me
Wholly free holy cost
The Saviour for the wholly lost.

How sweet it is to think of Christ,
And heaven in His presence,
To worship, holy, Him who died,
Who in my place was sacrificed,
That I might there have residence.

How great the agony which He felt
Who sinless here had wholly dwelt,
How immeasurable the pain
Of my sins penalty He freely bore,
Who rightly with the Father now reigns.

How on my face I rightly fall
To worship Him, the All in All.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Janet Mouron said...

Did you write this? Deeply thoughtful and beautiful.
Glorious Easter to you. Janet

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home