Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"What a Difference a Day Makes"

A week ago, we were looking forward to celebrating our 20th anniversary the next day. Cards and other forms of well wishes came. We knew since the event [anniversary of] fell midweek, we'd have to postpone a real celebration. And we each had enough scheduled for that day as it was, between work and ministry. And we usually visit friends on Wednesday evening. A bonus for me was lunch with friends--Ella, Gerda, and Lynn, who was visiting from Texas. We had a good time getting caught up.
I arrived home about 3:30 p.m.--much later than usual, but. The phone rang. Garry was coming home early, to tackle a task he might need my help with. Please don't lay down and fall asleep, just in case. So I stayed up, just in case.
Not long after he had done what he could, the phone rang. It was his mother, calling because. It was a delightful conversation, leaving enough time to get ready for our usual. But the usual had to be called off.
I had begun to feel so poorly, if I was going to go anywhere, it would be our local URGENT CARE facility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home