Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

COMFORT

Three weeks ago we headed from California to Iowa -- driving. We did not know if Garry's Dad would still be alive when we arrived, but then, too, we trusted God. A week ago we were still in Iowa, having seen Garry's Dad and been with his Mom when word came of his Dad's homegoing. And a week ago many remembered another Tuesday of another year, and wondered what future Tuesdays might hold. What follow are entries from my diary this year:

What He plans, He performs, perfects, protects. Isaiah 41:9b,10: "You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Psalm 33:8-11: "Let all the earth fear the LORD; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him! For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded and it stood firm. The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of his heart to all generations." Psalm 34:1,4: "I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 75:6,7: "For not from the east or from the west, and not from the wilderness comes lifting up, but it is God who exalts judgement, putting down one and lifting up another." Deuteronomy 29:29: "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." Psalm 120:1: "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me." Psalm 121:2: "My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." John 16:33: "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." [all Bible references from the ESV]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home