Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another post from Iowa re journey mercies
Last Wednesday morning, my father-in-law went home to his Lord and ours, having completed his journey from this life to the next. His passing was so peaceful that even my sister-in-law Linda, who had spent the night in his room at the hospice, was not sure right away that he had passed on. It was one of those instances where we knew his life was ending, yet were surprised when it did end. I think this passage sums up well the last days of his earthly life:
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen [1 Peter 5:10-11, ESV].
And for my dear mother-in-law, especially as of last Wednesday morning, this promise from God: "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" [Hebrews 13:5-6, ESV]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home