Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Prayer to Walk By


Originally written while involved with a small group Bible study, see if you can find where these Scriptures are reflected: Prov. 6:23; Titus 2:12; Eph. 6:16; Ps. 1:1-3; Ps. 119:105; Gal. 5:16,22-25; Phil. 1:27; John 15:1-11.


A Prayer to Walk by


Eternal Father of my Lord Jesus Christ,
How do I want to walk?
First, I have to get up right, upright.
Then, make sure my feet are shod with peace.
Then, make sure I am watching where I put those feet.
That will require a regular use of the word of light,
And the discipline to put one foot in front of the other on
That day's path.
How do I want to walk?
With care and with wisdom,
With humility and for service,
Coming alongside to help,
Never faster than the Lord gives me light.
How do I want to walk?
I want to walk in such a way as to be fruitful,
Bearing the fruit of the Spirit,
Glorifying You in that,
Willing to be pruned by Your hand,
Willing to be in whatever season of life You put me.


Comfort Food

Ps. 92:12-15
The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
They are planted in the house of the LORD; they flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare that the LORD is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home