Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Christian's Comfort



Tomorrow it will be three weeks since my father-in-law's death and 14 years since my father's, with other family members having passed away in between them--one of my aunts in 2000, my husband's grandmother in 2005, one of my uncles in 2005, another of my uncles this year. They ranged in age from 72-102.

When and why does a Christian die?

A Christian's death comes when he has completed the tasks

His Lord asks--

And then comes the rest

And then comes the glory

And then comes the seeing

And death is the means

To life in its fullness for

Life is being with and like Christ.



Death comes, death claims, death alters our lives

And yet

And yet the alteration experienced by believers

Far outweighs any sorrow they know with

The eternal weight of glory of which Paul wrote,

One "far beyond all comparison ... the things which are not seen are eternal" [2 Cor. 4:17-18]

So

Some day, reunited, we will be delighted, as

Neither death not time shall be any more,

We all pass through heaven's door.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home