Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Good Friday

I scanned Psalm 22 again, in keeping with this day,
And came away with these words in particular:
Yet you are holy.

What difference does that make?

When I cry out as the Psalmist and
Empty heart and empty hand,
When there is no response to my prayer
And God seems to be no where--
Yet He is holy.

When abuse for my belief in Him
Causes my faith light to grow dim,
When others say my faith is without sense,
In this I find my strength's defense--
Yet He is holy.

When I am scorned by foe and friend alike,
When feeling alone resonates, words harmful spike,
When I grow weak and my body gives out,
In this fact I have no doubt--
Yet He is holy.

On Him alone shall I lean for my days,
To Him alone give all my praise,
To Him alone direct my thinking,
From His living water drinking--
He is holy, He alone,
Ruling from His eternal throne.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home