Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

First about Cris T. The surgery went well, she was only in the hospital for three days, and she is now in rehab. When she goes home remains to be determined. I know what that is like.

After my surgery two years ago, eventually I began to feel better and then came the challenge of taking the full amount of time to truly recover. I tend to be impatient as a patient, however, and thus the temptation of being strong.

While my situation was not identical with Paul's, I found myself in this passage which he penned:
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (2 Corinthians 12:9; ESV).

The Challenge of Being Strong

The challenge of being strong
Comes at each all life long,
Comes as a tempter,
Comes as a gift,
Comes and coils itself around a life until
There is no life left,
Comes portraying itself as sovereignly desirable,
Comes costing all while leaving ashes,
Comes costing and destroying and comes
Guileful
Bashful
Witty
Deadly,
The challenge of being strong.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Resident Writer said...

I think the biggest challenge we face is the challenge to be strong enough to be weak.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home