Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Easter and Christmas are the seasons which seem to produce the most upligiting pieces--well, at least uplifiting for me. Here is one from Easter 2005.

Christ the King

Matchless majesty,
King of all delights,
Holy and immortal,
Dwelling in light,
Dweller in light.

Low we bow before Thee,
Who is high and lifted up,
Amazed that for us
You drank the sinner's cup.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn Lee said...

Hi friend, your blog looks great! I give a talk next week titled "Jesus is My Song". The key verse is Nehemiah 8:10. John MacArthur has some excellent material on the subject of Christian joy. I'm using one of your poems as inspiration.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home