Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Special Thanksgiving Giving of Thanks

God receives thanks throughout the Bible. In some instances, an individual is the thanksgiver, in other instances, thanks is given corporately. There were even men who were assigned to be givers of thanks.

This day, I join with others in being a giver of thanks.

He is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults in him.

You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you. [Ps. 118:28; ESV]

I am thankful that God is
faithful
all powerful
unchanged and unchanging
compassionate
holy
righteous
sustainer
unflappable [not a theological term]
merciful
sovereign
determined
focused
forgiving
unsurprised [also not a theological term, admitted]
creator
praiseworthy
self revealing
glorious
victorious
mysterious
savior
judge
Father
Son
Spirit
One
eternal

Comfort food:

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ [1 Cor. 15:57; ESV]

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. [1 Thess. 5:18]

It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the woks of your hands I sing for joy. [Ps. 92:1-4; ESV]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home