Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Between Times Meditation

Have you ever watched in wonder as someone makes his or her way across so fine a high wire that you can hardly make the wire out? Sometimes that is how a filled calendar appears--requiring a high wire act to get from one side of the week--or day--to the other. What is required is balance, and patience, and patience, and trust.

A Between Time Meditation

A between time meditation:
Sunday, between Saturday and Monday,
Between daylight and nightlight,
Between teaching English and leading a small group Bible study,
And so unequal to that as well,
That more than one task to which I am unequal
And daunted
And blessed by
And stretched by
And praying over
And prayed for over
Knowing that while I remain unequal
I will remain prayed for
I will remain upheld not only by other humans but--
Wonder of wonders!--
By God Himself;
And between times as I meditate,
It is He on whom I will think and will dwell
For with His aid all will go well
As all has

[See Hebrews 7:23-28 and John 17:20-26]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home