Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

1 wordless moment

When a friend read this, she told me the story of seeing a man who had lost his power of speech still participated in a worship hymn if only with his eyes and movement of his head, rising to his feet for the song, "Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus," as if it attention. Hearing that made me grateful that for now I still have my voice, and shamed me for the times I have not used it to praise the Lord.

1 wordless moment

Wordless moments come;
Wordless moments come and go,
While heart praise remains.

While heart praise remains,
Wordless moments come and go,
Wordless days and nights.

Wordless days and nights;
Words of heart praise rise silent,
Wordless days of rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Resident Writer said...

This is nice, Ebeth. This is often the scenario in my life. Words often fail to express my praise, wonder, awe for God and His works, and I just rest in the truth that He hears all that our hearts silently say.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home