Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It is easy to get ahead of where we should be as Proverbs 19:2 indicates. God's provisions for us are, as Luke 11:3 points out, for this day our daily bread. And this is not just the physical bread but, more importantly, that which feeds our spirits. As Jesus said, Man shall not live by bread along, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (MAtt. 4:4).

Daily Grace

God gives me grace daily
When I take of the living bread,
Strength as I need it,
Wisdom for my plans
From the living Head.

God gives me grace
For all I face,
But not until the time.
God gives me grace, and fully,
As is His good design.

I don't know what will face me
If any days will come,
But know that He will meet my needs,
He's done the needful sum.

God's grace is good and daily and sufficient as He planned,
And all I need to have it is
Stretch out a prayerful, obedient hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home