Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reflections

Rightly used, reflections can strengthen our faith. Here are some Scripture passages which do that:

Psalm 42:4: "These things I remember and I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God, with the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival."

Psalm 63:6: "When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches."

Psalm 77:6, 11: "I will remember my song in the night; I will meditate with my heart, and my spirit ponders....I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old."

Psalm 111:4-5: "He has made His wonders to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and compassionate. He has given food to those who fear Him; He will remember His covenant forever."

Psalm 119: 49, 52, 55: "Remember the word to Your servant, in which You have made me hope....I have remembered Your ordinances from of old, O LORD, and comfort myself....O LORD, I remember Your name in the night, and keep Your law."

Psalm 143:5: "I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your doings; I muse on the work of Your hands."

Lamentations 3:19-24: "Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and the bitterness. Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me. This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness, The LORD is my portion, says my sould, therefore I have hope in Him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home