Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Cause Me to Know the Way I Should Walk

That part of Psalm 143:8 caught my eye;
Why?
So often it is not the walk I anticipate but
The speed with which I ought to go,
Whatever the direction.
The walk?
This is more deliberate, not a slow pace but
One foot in front of the other in a measured way.
The walk?
Cause me to know both the direction and the speed,
That I might take heed.
As another Psalm put it, "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path>"
Most lamps cast a limited amount of light and
I need to stay withi8n the area which that light has cast,
Or I will stumble in the darkness.
Your way,
Your Word,
Your will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Roger Mason said...

Yes the speed. I want some things to go faster and others to last forever. Yet God has an appointed time for each.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home