Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

After Christmas

After the cards and gifts are opened and oohs and ahhs are heard,
What remains but to listen to the Word?
Wrappings torn and bows discarded, strewn about the tissue,
What remains the issue?
The point of all the trees and trimming,
Of all the songs and hymning
Is Immanuel: God with us.
God
With
Us;
Incarnate
Eternally,
To be adored and
To be obeyed,
Not only that baby in the manger laid,
But the man on the cross and in the tomb and raised,
Ascended and
Someday
Returning.
"O come let us adore Him, Christ, the Lord!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!

I just found you're blog through the Keepers at Home, Titus 2 Facebook group. :) You shared your blog on someone's question.

I stopped by for a peek and found this poem to be so thought provoking and genuine and I just had to share my appreciation. I hope to be back some more and read on.

Blessings to you!
Frannie

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home