Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Rachel and her idols

Thinking about Rachel and her idols,
How she hid them from her father,
But God saw them.
How small they must have been
To fit under where she sat, yet
How large they were in her heart.
An idol doesn't have to be  physically huge
To count as an idol,
Just enough to take God's rightful place
In any heart.
O Lord, purge my heart this day, this minute, this breath,
From idols in my heart and You take their place,
I pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home