Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Infinite Holiness Observed Imperfectly

God's holiness is
Infinite, unchangeable,
Perfect righteousness.
Perfect righteousness,
Holiness is consistent,
Steady, unchanging.
God's holiness is
Triune, is demanded of
All of creation:
"Be ye...for I AM,"
Commanded repeatedly,
Unchanging "be ye."
Examined, I can't
Be what I am commanded:
Holy as He Is.
Oh wretch! Commanded
To be holy, so holy:
God's holiness.
God's holiness
Must be from Himself to
Me, Christ's imputed.
Infinite holiness,
His name for my name is then
Life for life forever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous rogcmason said...

I read the past six posts. They were excellent. Many people acknowledge God's holiness and regard it as a standard that they hope to meet. Not an imperative of obedience. I am guilty of that.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home