Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Wisdom of the Lord

How wise the Lord is, is found throughout the Scriptures, the Word of the Word. And where do I find His wisdom a comfort? Especially in the Gospels. Take this from the Sermon on the Mount for example: "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matt. 6:34; NAS).

He was not speaking theoretically here. He was around 31 years of age, perhaps, and anyone who has lived that long has known the troubles a day can bring. But He was also speaking as God the Son, commanding us to not be anxious. And those of us who are His adopted children can rest, knowing if we have a tomorrow, He has already gone before us to that day, being the eternal God.

Latter in Matthew 11, we have this sweet call from Him: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matt. 11:239-30; NAS).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home