Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Revisiting my seven-year plan

Revisiting my seven-year plan

It seems appropriate to revisit my seven-year plan as this is both the last day of January 2012 and a Tuesday--the day we used to visit our friend Jean.

What have I done as regards my health?  More visits to more doctors and more tests and more medicine.  At my age, what can I expect but that?  I am thankful to live in a country where those are possible.

What have I done as regards my soul?  Sought to spend more time reading the Bible and some additional books, loading my Kindle appropriately, and trying to remember to keep its battery charged.

What have I taken to heart as regards my spirit?  Actually this passage applies to all aspects of life:

"Look carefully then how you walk [live], not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.  Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.  And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be willed with [controlled by] the Spirit, addressing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:15-20; ESV).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home