Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday
A friend asked me this last weekend what I was working on.  I said "nothing"; it wasn't a matter of writer's block, but that there were just drips in the bottom of the well now.  I've written a lot more this year than I expected to, pushed to post something most Tuesdays in addition to the other writing, and it is difficult to reach to the bottom of the well now.  But this is Monday night and tomorrow, should it come, will be Tuesday.  So here forthwith are drips from my well.

Don't make appointments with a huge block of time between them unless your Kindle is fully charged.

Wear a wool sweater when you have the least hunch you will need it; some days cotton on cotton isn't warm enough.

Be appreciative if you have caller ID; it will save a lot of wrenched ankles and missed calls.

Be thankful when your doctor tells you that you need to reschedule because of their schedule rather than yours; that is thoughtfulness, even if it seems inconvenient to you when you first hear it.

On a more serious note, I am working on my seven-year plan with the assistance of many, the top of the many being the Holy Spirit, which I am grateful for also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home