Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More details of my seven-year plan

More details of my seven-year plan

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24:  "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass."

Body:  improved health to the extent possible.

Soul:  broken into these categories:

Mind:  supplement Scripture by reading better books and spending more time with those than on time wasters of various kinds.

Emotions:  cultivate the fruit of the Spirit.

Will:  do the three commitments above with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Spirit:  greater intimacy with the Holy Spirit at any cost.

I appreciate the timeliness of the messages Pastor John has been bringing on the Person of the Holy Spirit recently at Grace Community Church.

I would challenge any of you who have read this to consider such a commitment/plan as it may fit you, and ask you to pray for me to be faithful in what I need to do or cease from doing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous rogcmason said...

I am thinking more about a five year plan. I think your concept has great merit.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home