Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Whatever beauty this world holds

Whatever beauty this world holds

Whatever beauty this word holds,
It holds as a poor reflection of heaven,
It holds, yet as pure as the earthy can be,
It holds and it draws me more close to Thee.

Whatever beauty this world contains,
It contains as a gift from heaven,
It contains as mist or rains
Something of the glory to be known,
It contains yet a bit, yet a scent,
And though I see and sense,
Incense which draws me more close to Thee.

Whatever beauty of bird or mornings' dew,
Can only point me more to You
For all that is lovely in truth and delight
Is at God's right hand in radiant light.

2 Comments:

Anonymous sue said...

Beautiful!!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Roger Mason said...

E, Did you write this? Very beautiful.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home