Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christ Jesus in His First Coming

Christ Jesus in His First Coming
Neither form nor comeliness (KJV, Isaiah)
Not in His First Coming.
The Incarnate cloaked in commonness,
Startling in His human naturedness,
Humbling Himself in this as well.
And then, naked on the cross,
Apart from the crown of mocking thorns
And bleeding lash marks,
He bore the scars of my sin on His skin
With no bitterness within
As He took upon Himself my sin
Before the Father's eternal approval of grace
Christ took my place,
And in some God-ordained agreement,
Gave me His nature as though I'd not sinned,
Agreeable then to be in the Presence.
What response can I have to this miraculousness?
From eternity to eternity, worshipful obedience,
Anticipating His Second Coming
Revealing His glory in its awful fullness.
Even so, come!

1 Comments:

Anonymous roger mason said...

Wonderful poem

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home