Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What business is that of yours?
Has anyone ever said that to you?  This week, I found myself saying that to myself, and in the middle of the night.
We've been having household repair work done, which is rather time consuming since one or both of us has to be here while it's being done.
What happened was that I woke up wondering what had been done with something we had put in place as a temporary expedient.  It was a temporary item--trash bag--being used just until; and once the real work was done, it didn't really matter what became of the trash bag--until the middle of the night.
Even then it was of little or no real significance, apart from the fact that inquiring minds...etc.
I found myself saying to myself, What business is it of yours what became of that trash bag?  It served its purpose.  Let it go.  Then the thought came, Well, what is my business?  (Keep in mind the time of night.)
What is my business?
Honoring and glorifying God in everything.  As Paul wrote to the Corinthians:  So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home