Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Common to Uncommon continues
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
How can it be the valley of the shadow and not the valley of death?  Christ's death has made it so for those who are His own.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  He prepares, anoints, causes my cup to overflow; I do not need to fear my enemies because He is with me.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
What does it mean to have goodness and mercy following me?  Protecting me.
And, I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever? 
John 14:1-3:  "Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in God; believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
John 17:24:  "Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home