Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reflection after
During the three week, 4500 mile
Road trip,
Casual glances in the side mirror reminded me
"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear";
My sister reminded me of my
Lack of depth perception;
What ways do I lack depth perception--
Other than the obvious--?
As I have done laundry, ironing, cleaning, paperwork, etc.
In the process of getting caught up after a three week, 4500 mile
Road trip,
Causal glances in another mirror reminded
"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"
Spiritually speaking also.
And the lack of depth perception?
As I have done laundry, ironing, cleaning, paperwork, etc.
I have wondered,
What ways does my heart need
Laundering, ironing, cleaning, paperwork, etc., equivalents?
Cleanse me, Lord;
Bring me into alignment with your perfect will
For this day,
This week,
This month,
This year,
This life,
That whatever I do, wherever I look
You are the closest object, the mirror your word.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home