Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Prayer
God my Father, first His, forgive
All the sins I have committed:
The evil I have done, the good I have omitted.
Forgive my pride which is as if I have spitted
In the face of Your One and Holy Son.
Forgive my faithlessness where Your word is clear;
It is as if I neither see nor hear.
Forgive the words with which I hurt intended,
And damage accomplished.
Forgive the tone which hides the heart
Because I know what to say and how--hypocrisy.
Forgive the expressions which I can make
Which are not honest, which are rather, fake.
Forgive my willful procrastination,
My choices which do not bring You honor.
I cannot ask You to forgive me because I am worthy
But because without Your mercy I am eternally without hope.
And when I sin I sense that hopelessness
And when I sin I feel almost resigned to hopelessness,
Until I read Your word,
Until I am submissive to it.
Father, I struggle because
Father, forgive

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Resident Writer said...

This is a great prayer.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home