Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

FOR WHAT AM I THANKFUL? [2007 EDTION]
Many items carry over from 2 January 2006:
Thankful:
God is
God is faithful
God is all powerful
God is unchanged and unchanging
God is compassionate
God is holy
God is righteous
God is sustainer
God is unflappable [OK, not a theological term]
God is merciful
God is sovereign
God is determined
God is focused
God is forgiving
God is unsurprised [also not a theological term, admitted]
God is creator
God is praiseworthy
God is self revealing
God is glorious
God is victorious
God is mysterious
God is saviour
God is judge
God is Father
God is Son
God is Spirit
God is One
God is eternal

To which list I would add:
I am thankful for trips we took [mine to South Dakota in February; ours to Arizona in May, Nevada in August, and Iowa in August-September]; tasks we undertook [tutoring and teaching, proofreading and editing, and those around the house which others helped with]; and ministries we added to our lives.
I am thankful for believing family members, and that both Garry's Dad and my Uncle Timer are with our Lord and Savior.
I am thankful for times when I am at a loss in myself because those are the times I experience more the sufficiency of God the Triune One and of Scripture.
He is always sufficient but I do not always rightly access that sufficiency.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home