Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Time and how it moves and where

I discovered that I wrote this 12 December 2005 and noted: "This is how I often see December, filling it with reflections on time. I guess that means I am growing older--okay, aging." If that then, all the more so now.

Time and how it moves and where
Time and how it moves and where:
On a conveyor into thin air;
Or so it seems from my view point.
Time seems to move in measured ways,
But only one direction [that aways],
Impenetrable, imponderable,
Almost as if there is an element of eternality
Which framed it and named it,
Directed it and sent it out to do
Whatever time does, is for.
So time is what it is created by eternity for
And will fulfill its commands and then be no more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home