Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Although I originally crafted this while participating in a small group Bible study, recent experiences have reinforced these to/for me.

Our/My Responsibilities Toward God

What are my/our responsibilities toward God?
To worship Him repentantly,
Revering His holiness,
Recognizing His omnipresence and omniscience and omnipotence, Trinitarian,
Rendering Him all that is His due in all that I do, or don't do.
To worship Him through trusting obedience,
Reserving all that is in me to all that He Is,
Repentant before His eternal presence,
Rejoicing in being in Christ because He has chosen to put me there.
To worship Him rejoicingly,
Exultingly,
Wondering,
Awed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MarkL said...

Was this by chance from back in the days of the Malachi study? If not it reminds me of something you wrote on revering God then.

Thanks for writing Elizabeth!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Ebeth said...

If memory serves me, it was for one of the Every Woman's Grace series.

Thanks for reading and for leaving your comment.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home