Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Looking Backward, Looking Ahead, a review



While I wrote this two years ago, it continues to be pertinent. Now as then, a women's ministry group at my church is winding down until fall. The final celebration will look back and then ahead this year as it has every year I have been part of it.

"God's Requirement" Micah 6:8 do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God



What two words sum up this year for me? "Toward God"



Toward God my praise, and my repentance, my sorrow and my song.
Toward God my focus of each day's responsibilities, and my future's hopes.
Toward God for direction and for rest, for all things pertaining to my nest.
Toward God for learning to tell what's true from what's not, for each step on my journey, for steps add up to life's length.
Toward God shall I lean and by Him be steadied, knowing He knows and is readied.
Toward God for hope and in disappointment, for with Him I have an ongoing appointment.
Toward God and with God forward, for He is my strength, song, savior, and reward.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home