Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Ephesians 4:11-14 and Being a Writer

I found myself contemplating Ephesians 4:11-14: "And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry (my note: not to do the work of ministry), for the building up of the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes."

Being a Writer

Garry had an episode of "The Waltons" on in which someone was trying to dissuade John-Boy from considering writing as a career, stating how few could make a living as a writer.

I haven't made money as a writer, just enough to cover costs, to break even, but that's okay. I have thought of my being a writer more as a calling, ministry you might say.

My friend Marilyn talked me into starting a blog seven years ago. From that and other writing I have done I have complied four devotional books now. Will I continue to blog? Will I compile another devotional book? Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home