Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

At This Point

At this point in my life I reflect,
Attempt to connect
All I've known and done and planned,
Seeing in each God's sovereign hand.
Seeing not only sovereignty but good,
Grace and patience finally understood
As something more than theology and theory
But rest and strengthening when I grow weary.
At this point in my life taking stock,
I rejoice that on past present future God has a lock,
That my choices for good or sin,
Somehow will work so that we win,
That we persevere because of what He has done,
That whatever success I have is due to His Son,
That whatever failures I've experienced and will
God will gain glory to each yielding still,
So as I look ahead and back,
I know in God I'll have no lack
And so before Him bow
Worshipping in wonder even here and now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home