Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Fullness of Joy

What joy is mine
Because
God did what only God could
What I would not have done
What I would not have known
What I would not have believed
Had to be done
God
Who alone could
Did.
The Sovereign
Gave His Only Begotten Son
The Only from The Only
One
Who having been given, gave
And being the gift
My life did save
When I had no clue
He did what only He could do.
How awesome in the fullest sense
And how patient He when I am dense?
How could I feel any other feeling
Or feel anything other than reeling
With joy and amazement and tears
As I commit to Him what is left of my years,
To obey as I trust
My heart so beats as it must.
Full of joy unlike I expected
Full of Him, by the Spirit connected
Full of joy for Grace Enfleshed
Full of joy in His life enmeshed
Full of joy for what's ahead
I bow to Him, our living head.

(something written between 2000-2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home