Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Temporal

Temporal
Temporal though treasured
What comes to mind?
After visiting the orthopedist today
After calling my primary care doctor
Mobility is one thing I find
I treasure.
Thankful for as much as I have
Even with pain accompanying the same
All I want is to honor His Name.
And then there are the plumbing issues
And sinuses calling for multiple tissues
Which cause me to yearn all the more
For the eternal home, that dwelling
God is creating even now
That eternal residence as perfect
As He is.
Temporal residences this body, this home
Eternal that body, that home
And all the more treasured
As God has measured
And is the Builder and Maker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home