Tuesday's slice of bread

A weekly post premised on this: Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord (Prov. 16:20)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States

married to my best friend, writer, teacher, avid reader, occasional poet, volunteer

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Thinking about mortality

Thinking about mortality
Thinking about mortality as
More deaths are announced and
More grave illness pronounced and
The sands of my time seem to run
Faster and faster while
I move more slowly--
Kind of opposites occuring simultaneously--
I take refuge in
The Unchanging One
And
His Unchanging Word
And
Am comforted
And
Am strengthened
"He leads me in green pastures, besides still waters, restores my soul"
Rest in Him alone O my soul
[written 26 January 2013]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home